Thursday, October 31, 2013

PROJECT 5: Sense of Place: Neighbourhood and Community

For this project, we need to  do 2 A2 board. The first board, we need to choose a site to do a site analysis from 6 sites given by our studiomaster. For the second board, we need to suggest improvement to the site we had chose.



These are the six sites given:
1)       Bayan Residences, Relau, Penang
2)       Sunway Mutiara, Batu Maung, Penang
3)       Sunway Bukit Gambier, Penang
4)       Siara 81, Sg. Ara, Penang
5)       Sunway Merica, Sg. Ara, Penang
6)       Setia Greens, Sg. Ara, Penang

I have chosen Setis Greens housing area, at Sungai Ara as my subject for site analysis.

 These are the photos I took during site visiting.

After visited the site, I started to do the site analysis. I studied about the sun path, wind direction, noise source, circulation and etc.
This is the site inventory I made.

I gave up this 2 days before submission day because the site plan had been coloured too bright.

 After going through some sleepless night, finally I have done the project on time.
The first board: Site Analysis

The second board: Proposed Improvement




No comments:

Post a Comment